The taste of a particular dish is primarily dependent on the spices put in. A simple ingredient can change the flavor of the dish. aleppo pepper is one such spice that can modify the taste of the food in indefinable ways. A little pinch of these chili flakes can modify the taste of any food item.
Why is it so loved?
The simple spice is enough to enhance the regular taste of the dish. The little flakes can spice up the taste of your pizza even double with just a pinch. It is not just a spice it is more of a taste enhancer of the food. The way this can be used with the dishes will be varied on the basis of your tastes and likes. Here are some ways you can use it:
- You can rub it on roasted vegetables to get a spicy flavor.
- You can enhance the taste of the salad by adding it to the salad dressing.
- You can even use it in a presentation of drinks by rimming it on the cocktail glass.
- It is more like a finisher of the dish, you can sprinkle it to any of the dishes you want to add up the spice.
- Innovate and try new ways were to use this to enhance your flavors.
What to look before you buy?
The aleppo pepper is semi-oily and flaky in appearance with burgundy in color. You can smell the fruity bright fragrance of the sun-dried tomato. The spice is quite difficult to find after the Syria war because of the movement of operations. Though it is grown in the north and can still be found in many superstores or online.
It is a simple spice that can add up to modify the taste of any simple dish you are eating. So go with your skills and find new ways to try it better.